Monday, May 25, 2009

I know!!! Web 2.0

I know, I know--I got behind and now I have some serious catching up to do. Becoming a good librarian is important to me and I feel like this is part of the process!

Web 2.0 / Library 2.0 is still somewhat of a mystery to me. Watching the last video, in particular, gave me more questions than answers! http://theshiftedlibrarian.com/archives/2007/02/07/think_library_20_as_you_watch_this.html
Anyone that hasn't seen it should really take the time to watch it closely. As I finished watching it, I realized that it is 2 years old. Imagine all that could be added to it by now (since technology changes constantly). Another thought that I had is that if it really is up to us to organize this information then we definitely have job security! There aren't enough people on the planet to organize or catalouge the data on the internet.

The first video did spark my interest. Mr. Abram was certainly a good person to have filmed the spot with. He made me feel like we were having a conversation but I don't know how much I really learned.

The O'ReillyNet.com site wore my eyes out! In fact, it was actually the reason I procrastinated posting my blog. I got sick of reading it after one page. It was too much jargon and I consider myself semi-computer literate. The one thing that I was really interested in was the page on RSS feeds. I see the link for RSS everywhere. When I click on it, I don't really know what is happening so I always back up before I do something terrrible to my computer/phone. I need to learn more about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment