Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing 16

I know that I am jumping ahead but I could not control myself! :) LibraryThing caught my attention (on my Google Reader no less!) and I had to go there.

Seriously! Why would anyone want to catalog their home library? It would take such an enormous amount of time for what purpose? Maybe I am bitter about the class that I am taking (sorry Enoch!) but I wonder if this is for the super organized/do not have any life type of person. Am I wrong? Is there some benefit that I just don't get? I signed up and gave them my email address. I got a response email in about 10 seconds of signing up. Will I ever get on it again? Maybe / maybe not but you should check out for yourself: www.librarything.com and Rick--I am really directing that to you.

I do like the idea of hearing about books from other readers but hey--I have facebook for that! :O

2 comments:

  1. When I had my classroom library I would have loved to have cataloged it so I could keep track of what I had. But, back then I had no idea how to do that, now I do and don't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it really be worth the effort? I don't think so! You would not have time for that as a classroom teacher. Too much technology, so little time.....

    ReplyDelete