Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing 20 YouTube

Everyone under age 80 has heard of YouTube. It is such a sensation! Clips of Susan Boyle singing on Britian's Got Talent stormed the media recently. Even this morning, on the Today Show, I saw a YouTube segment on a wedding where the wedding party--including the bride--danced their way into the chapel. Part of my concern with YouTube is the copyright issue. Howard Stern is a favorite media person of mine. He often complains about the clips from his previous television show on YouTube. He refuses to even allow clips from YouTube on his airwaves because of his personal feelings towards to the copyright infrigement that occurs.

However, I followed through and typed in Texas Library. I got the Library Book Cart Drill Team clip. Funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh27C1dkNgg You really need to take a look at the "Bibliofiles" performance.

I also typed in story time. I got a lot of stuff from youths that was inappropriate to say the least. I added the term library and got mainly commercials for story times.

YouTube is here to stay. I wish I had more time to play around on it but I usually only watch when a clip is featured on mainstream television programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment