Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 18

Wiki is something that I have always wanted to know more about. It just so happens that I got my first invite to join my new job's Wiki group today! Coincidence? I think not!

I am very aware of Wikipedia and yes--I know Alice--it is not a reliable source of information! However, it is often the very place I go to find information on a variety of topics. I did not know about the history or comments part. I typed in Sonya Sotomayer just because that is a hot topic in the news this week. Let's just say the discussion section was lengthy! I was surprised that the discussion was relatively professional (not like a typical comments section of most web sites!). The history was interesting as there had been changes about every 3 minutes for the past 24 hours! Hot topic indeed!

Not really sure about the Wiki Wetpaint page. I hope that I become more familiar with it as I starting working with the other librarians in my district!

No comments:

Post a Comment