Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing 21 Podcast

I get internet service through tethering my computer to my mobile phone. That said, connections are always a little more tedious for me than if I had faster internet service. I went to the Library Success Wiki and then clicked on nancykeene.com. I was less than impressed with her podcasts. You could hear her breathing in the microphone and her voice was too flat to hold my interest. Her podcasts were more of book talks.

I went to the Washington State Libraries link which gave me podcasts on how to improve my tech skills. I chosed how to improve searches with AND. The female voice was a little lower than I would like. I still like the Creative Content videos as a more useful tool in improving my skills!

Honestly, I didn't think it was all that interesting. I would not subscribe to them. I did learn that Podcast was audio. I thought that they were audio and video. Podcasts could be useful for library users that learn via audio. Iphone users would also benefit greatly from Podcast capabilities. I just wouldn't choose them myself! I like audio books but only if they are told by exciting authors like Jim Dale (Harry Potter) so maybe it is the voice that prevents me from enjoying these.

No comments:

Post a Comment